I have been absent from blogging for quite sometime because I got sick. I had on and off fever for several days coupled by nausea and weakness. When I got confined at the hospital my doctor said that I was dehydrated. And because of it, I also developed urinary track infection (UTI). I had both because of only one reason; I wasn’t drinking enough water.
Considering the very hot weather now here in Manila, it is so easy to get dehydrated. Well, here are some signs that you are dehydrated:
1. Dark yellow urine
2. Dry mouth
3. Weakness in muscle
6. Low blood pressure
7. Increased heart beat
But in order not to experience any of these, it is best to hydrate yourself and drink plenty of water. You wouldn’t want getting sick to get in the way of your daily activities.
Because I am extracting milk for my baby who is in the incubator, getting sick meant no milk for my baby. I am allowed to pump my milk but not to save it for him. It was almost a week of throwing milk. I felt really bad. But good thing I have several reserves inside the fridge so my baby did not get hungry.
Now I’m up and about and fully recovered. As a mom, I realized that, now more than ever, I need to take care of myself for my two sons. Not only am I a mom who takes care of her kids, I am also the only source of food and nutrients of my second born son.
§ Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
§ Answer 10 questions about yourself
§ Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers
§ Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
§ Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. Favourite colour – I love red. I think it’s bold and passionate. Both my 18th birthday debut party and wedding has red as a color motif
2. Favourite animal – I love Dogs!
3. Favourite number – hmmm… I don’t think I have a particular number that I like
4. Favourite non-alcoholic drink – Coffee
5. Facebook or twitter – Facebook! I find twitter boring at times
6. Passion – Fashion/Music/Family/Marriage
7. Getting or giving presents – Definitely giving especially the wrapping part! That is what I look forward to every Christmas season
8. Favourite pattern – I usually like solid two-toned patterns only
but now I’m trying to get myself to wear other patterns but nothing too bold
9. Favourite Day of the Week – Sunday!!
10. Favourite flower – I’m a red roses girl
When I was eating hospital food, I kept complaining to my husband that what they are serving is very salty. But when I went home and started eating our usual menu, I still find most food, especially meat, very salty. Even the good old KFC chicken and Mc Donald’s quarter pounder are salty. Because of this, I’m losing my appetite most of the time which resulted to me losing almost all the pregnancy, weight I gained.
Lastly, I’m also experiencing higher than normal body temperature. I perspire a lot, get thirsty a lot and use the airconditioning a lot! I can’t seem to take the heat!